Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Mass opens with "in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti." What are our opening words?
2. When the priest says "Dominus vobiscum', what is the proper response?
3. Immediately preceding the Preface, we lift up our hearts. The priest says "Gratias agamus Domino Deo nostro". What has he just said?
4. After the Preface, we sing "Holy, Holy, Holy", otherwise known as what?
5. "Gloria in excelsis Deo" - What is the opening line of "The Gloria"?
6. When they receive Holy Communion, Roman Catholics receive corpus Christi and sanguis Christi.
7. During the breaking of the bread, preceding communion, we sing the "Agnus Dei". What is that song we sing?
8. One prayer, commonly used in the Rosary, begins "Ave Maria, gratia plena". Which prayer have we just begun?
9. Commonly used in the Rosary, the Fatima Prayer begins "O Bone Jesu, libera nos a peccatis nostris". What are we saying?
10. At the end of Mass, we are dismissed with the words "Oremus: vade in pace" or "Vade ad amorem et serviemus Domino." What is our response?
Source: Author arthurdent001
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.