Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. If you feel pain in your loins ("lumbi"), you may suffer from what complaint, that starts with an "L" and ends with an "O"?
2. At the entrance of the throat there is a little grapelike thing ("grape" in Latin is "uva"), which doctors and linguists would call what? (It starts with "U" and ends with "A").
3. People from the city ("urbs") were considered to be more polite and what six-letter word than those from the countryside? It starts with a "U".
4. If you are a little dizzy, and you feel as if you were going to be turned over ("vertere"),you are probably having a bout of what seven-letter condition that starts with the letter "V"?
5. People (especially women) who want to come together ("convenire") to live as a religious community, may wish to join or found a what?
6. When the waves ("unda") come flowing in, you may soon get what? It's a nine-letter word that starts with the vowel "I" and ends with "D".
7. If they think ("putare") you are the begetter of a child, you may be called what sort of father? 8 letters, starts with a "P" and ends with "E".
8. Pasta that looks like little worms ("vermes") is given what 10-letter name by the Italians and is referred to by the same word in English as well? It starts, as you might guess, with the letter "V".
9. If you produce a lot of off-spring ("proles"), you are what 8-letter word, that starts with a "p" and ends with a "c"?
10. Even the oil ("oleum") that gushed from rocks ("petrus" in Latin and "petros" in Greek) got a name that smells of Latin - what word is this, used by the British for the liquid that they put in their cars to make them go? It starts with "P" and ends with "L".
11. People who have a small ("pusillus") soul ("animus") might be called what 13-letter word, beginning with "P" and ending with "S"?
12. Having an old ("vetus") habit can be called by what name? It's a 10-letter word beginning with "I".
13. An old ("vetus") soldier is known as what? (Seven letters, beginning with "V")
14. Some mammals give birth ("parere") to their offspring via the production of eggs ("ovum"). They can be described as what? (Nine letters, starting with "O" and ending with "S").
15. If you feel pain in your chest ("pectus), you can say you have what kind of complaint? It's an eight-letter word starting with "P" and ending with "L".
16. When you like to be with the rest of the group, with the flock ("grex"), what 10-letter word beginning with "G" can be used to describe you?
17. A female singing voice that is higher ("supra") than most is called what? Seven letters, starting with "S" and ending with "O".
18. A person who does not want to be mainstream and kind of sits ("sedere") away ("dis") from the others, would in the Soviet Union have been called a what? Nine letters, starting with "D" and ending with "T".
19. A fruit that is full of juice ("sugus") can be described as what? It's a nine-letter word beginning with "S" and ending with "T".
20. A plant that smells like hay ("fenum") and is Greek ("graecum")in origin, became popular in some styles of cookery. What is its English name? (nine letters, starting with "F" and ending with "K").
Source: Author chrissie_26
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.