Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who hasn't served on a committee at one time or another? What is the Latin term for a committee charged with dealing with one specific task?
2. If you're ever charged with a crime, I hope you have a good ______?
3. Every student who ever wrote a paper on any subject has made use of this Latin word when making footnotes.
4. We're all familiar with this method of human propagation.
5. So, you graduated 'magna cum laude'. Just what does that mean?
6. Remember that wonderful movie, "The Dead Poet's Society" ? What was the Latin motto that Robin Williams' character urged his students to adopt?
7. This common Latin phrase is usually found on book plates.
8. You're in hospital and you get a glimpse of your chart. Your doctor has written n.p.o. on it, and that means you needn't expect a supper tray because n.p.o is shorthand for which Latin phrase?
9. You've been caught in flagrante delicto. What does that mean?
10. Probably the most common Latin word still in use is found on doors in public buildings.
Source: Author Cymruambyth
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.