Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Minimus Mouse, are you ready to take on this mission to help young children to learn Latin through a Minimus Club?
Choose the best reply.
2. Your first task is to introduce the members of your family in Latin. A good way to do this is to make a set of cards and play "Snap", the game where if the information on both cards is about the same person you shout "SNAP!". Minimus, tell me which of these pairs would NOT be a "SNAP!" about a Roman family.
3. By now, Minimus, the members of the club might have noticed that in Latin many masculine nouns and adjectives end in -us and feminine ones end in -a. To help them remember this you could play "Memory" or "Concentration", the game where matching pairs of cards are placed face down in a grid and players take it in turn to turn over two cards. If they match, the player keeps the cards.
You can make it more difficult by insisting the adjective must be appropriate (both in ending and meaning) for the noun. To show you're up to the job, pick out a winning pair.
4. Minimus, to make it fun for the children, you will need to do some craft activities. A good one to start with would be to make a birthday card. Which of these Latin phrases would be appropriate to write inside?
5. Another good activity, Minimus, is singing. Which of the following songs would be a Latin equivalent of "London's burning"?
6. Are you feeling hungry, Minimus? I've made something special for you. I used flour, water, oil, yeast and honey to make some slipper bread. What would you like to eat with it?
7. Now, Minimus, you will have to make sure children follow your instructions. Which of these would you NOT ask your members to do?
8. Minimus, the members of your club will expect you to praise them when they do well. Which words would they most like to hear?
9. There's a slight possibility, Minimus, that at one of your meetings a child may feel unwell. You will, of course, ask "ubi tibi dolet?" (Where does it hurt?) But what answer would you expect if the child had toothache?
10. Finally, Minimus, thank you for answering my questions. It's a close race between you and the other applicant, Vibrissa the cat. You are called Minimus because you are very small. If you can tell me why Vibrissa is a good name for a cat, the job is yours!
Source: Author bucknallbabe
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Leau
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.