Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The second Sunday of this month is Mother's Day in the US, Canada and Australia.
Its first day is celebrated as Labour Day in many countries, but not in the US.
In Europe the end of World War II is celebrated on the ninth day of this month.
The first Monday is a public holiday in the UK.
2. This month has its name because it was the seventh month of the Roman Calendar.
Labour Day is observed in the US and Canada on the first Monday.
The zodiac signs falling in this month are Virgo and Libra.
3. Named after the Roman god of war this month has 31 days.
The vernal or spring equinox occurs in the northern hemisphere in this month, and autumnal equinox occurs in the southern hemisphere.
The 17th day of this month is St. Patrick's Day.
4. The month in question has 31 days and was named after a Roman Emperor.
The zodiac signs of Leo and Virgo fall in this month.
5. This month is named after Janus, the Roman god of doors and gates.
It contains the first day of the new year in the Gregorian Calendar.
6. The summer solstice occurs in the northern hemisphere, and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere in this month. In the US, UK, Netherlands and Canada Father's Day is celebrated on this month's third Sunday.
7. In the US national political elections are traditionally held in this month.
The first day of the month in question is All Saint's Day in the Christian calendar.
Americans celebrate Thanksgiving in this month and on its fifth day Guy Fawkes' Night is celebrate in the UK.
8. The signs of the zodiac occurring in this month are Aquarius and Pisces.
On this month's fourteenth day many nations celebrate St Valentine's Day.
9. The winter solstice in the northern hemisphere, and summer solstice in the southern hemisphere fall in this month.
10. Halloween, also known as All Hallow's Eve, is celebrated on the last day of this month.
It was the eighth month in the Roman Calendar.
Source: Author musicmonkeyman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.