Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In which year did the Glasgow Necropolis officially open?
2. Which other famous cemetery inspired the creation of the Glasgow Necropolis?
3. Approximately how many monuments can be found in the Glasgow Necropolis?
4. Who was the first person to be buried in the Glasgow Necropolis?
5. The Glasgow Necropolis is located next to which other Glasgow landmark?
6. Which bridge, which shares its name with another famous bridge, was constructed to cross the Molendinar Ravine from Cathedral Square to the Glasgow Necropolis?
7. Which structure in the Glasgow Necropolis features the Merchants' House symbol (a clipper on top of the world) and a Latin inscription which translates to "so many returning to the same place"?
8. The tallest monument in the Glasgow Necropolis commemorates which 16th century leader of the Scottish Reformation?
9. Which famous Scottish architect designed the Celtic cross which stands atop the grave of Alexander McCall, Glasgow's chief constable from 1870 to 1888?
10. The Glasgow Necropolis has often been used as a setting in popular culture. In which of these does it not appear?
Source: Author helen295
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.