Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?
2. Where is Grant's Tomb located?
3. Over what body of water does Grant's Tomb set?
4. Who paid for the construction of Grant's tomb?
5. What words are carved over the entrance to Grant's Tomb?
6. In 1966 three murals created by artist Allyn Cox were added to Grant's Tomb. Located near the top of the cupola the murals depict scenes portraying three of Grant's greatest achievements. Which of these events is NOT portrayed in these murals?
7. The flags of what two US states are displayed in Grant's Tomb?
8. Inside Grant's tomb are the busts of five people. Who are they?
9. When discussing his final resting place, Grant had only one demand. What was it?
10. Behind Grant's Tomb, at the site of his temporary tomb, a ginkgo tree was planted and a plaque was placed there in his honor. Representatives from what country presented these gifts?
11. Grant's Tomb features the murals of artist Dean Fausett. What do the maps featured on these murals depict?
12. What is the official name of Grant's Tomb?
13. During the 1970's and 1980's Grant's Tomb had fallen into a state of disrepair. What happened to compel the National Park Service to finally address the problem?
14. In 1972 what out of place feature did the US National Park Service add to Grant's Tomb?
15. Who popularized the riddle "Who's buried in Grant's tomb"?
Source: Author bigwoo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.