Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Known as the "Queen of Soul" what entertainer began gaining R-E-S-P-E-C-T singing in the Baptist church where her father was the pastor?
2. Which author would have learned about the sins of pride and prejudice from her father, who was a rector in the Anglican church?
3. Phil Jackson won eleven NBA championships as coach for the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers. Even though both his parents were preachers for the Assemblies of God church, he credits the teachings of Eastern philosophy for his coaching success. What nickname did Jackson garner because of his views?
4. Which of these US Presidents was NOT the son of a preacher?
5. Which Canadian Prime Minister was the son of a United Church of Canada minister, a winner of the Nobel Peace Prize and has Canada's busiest airport named in his honor?
6. Patrick Bronte, an Anglican clergyman, was the father of six children. Three of them went on to become famous authors. Which of the names below was NOT one of the Bronte sisters who wrote such classics as "Jane Eyre", "Wuthering Heights" and "The Tenent of Wildfell Hall"?
7. What man, who was following in the footsteps of his priest father, left the seminary, became a scientist and won the 1904 Nobel Prize for Physiology and Medicine? (Think dogs)
8. What composer and musician, known as the "Father of the Blues" had a preacher father who once scolded his son for the "sin" of owning a musical instrument?
9. What artist, who was the son of a Dutch Reformed Church minister, tried but "failed" to be a missionary, and was considered an unsuccessful artist until after his suicide?
10. Katy Perry disappointed her parents, both Pentecostal preachers, with the release of her first hit song in 2008. What was the title of her first number one hit?
11. What aviation pioneering brothers were also the sons of a Church of the United Brethren bishop?
12. I am the only child of a music teacher and Presbyterian minister. Serving from 2005-2009, I was the first female African-American Secretary of State . Who am I?
13. This Presbyterian preacher had thirteen children. Nine of them became authors, including his daughter Harriet who wrote "Uncle Tom's Cabin". Five of his sons became ministers and his children were vocal advocates for the abolition of slavery and the right of women to vote. Who was the influential father?
14. Which actor, the son of a hair salon owner and a Pentecostal preacher, has played the role of Coach Herman Boone, civil rights leader Malcolm X and boxer "Hurricane" Carter? In 2020, he was named the top actor of the 21st century by the New York Times.
15. What inventor, the son of an Eastern Orthodox priest and a mother who loved working with mechanical appliances, invented the first alternating current (AC) motor?
Source: Author bigwoo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.