Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What biblical unit of measure was determined by the distance from the elbow to the tip of the middle finger?
2. Which famous leader is portrayed on the oldest military decoration in present use?
3. A condition of confusion or stupor occurring while diving at depth results from breathing what chemical element, originally known as azote?
4. What popular sport was banned in Scotland in the mid-15th century because it took time away from archery practice?
5. In some areas of France and Italy, trained swine and dogs are used to find what costly underground delicacy?
6. What African head of state inspired a religious movement on a large, English-speaking Caribbean island?
7. Which of these mountains, one of the Seven Summits, is located in Antarctica?
8. The name of which marine mollusc links the first nuclear-powered submarine and Jules Verne's novel "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea"?
9. The Jefferson Memorial in Washington DC was inspired by which famous Ancient Roman landmark, known for its concrete dome?
10. In what play by William Shakespeare, named after the occasion for which it was written, would you find the cross-dressing character of Viola?
11. The bacterium known as Treponema pallidum causes which serious disease, responsible for the death of Al Capone?
12. What great 15th-century Flemish artist and diplomat created famous works such as the "Arnolfini Portrait" and the "Ghent Altarpiece"?
13. What stunning body of water, now the main feature of a US national park, was created when Mount Mazama blew its top over 7,000 years ago?
14. Which of these influential rock guitarists did NOT start his career in the 1960s?
15. In the 1980s, which US First Lady introduced the slogan "Just Say No" to combat drug use?
Source: Author LadyNym
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.