Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Where is the first documented evidence of the use of a Christmas tree?
2. Some people believe that the first Christmas trees were burned after being decorated. This is reminiscent of what Christmas tradition?
3. The first Christmas tree might have been derived from the use of the "Tree of Paradise" in medieval plays. What were these plays called, that frequently taught stories from the Bible?
4. There is a legend that an early Christian missionary working among German pagans cut down an oak tree after he found them preparing a human sacrifice there. A new fir tree immediately sprang from the roots of the oak tree. Who was this saint?
5. Which great religious reformer is given credit for being the first to bring the Christmas tree inside his home?
6. How were the first Christmas trees traditionally decorated once they were brought into the home?
7. Which type of ornament most likely was placed at the top of the first Christmas trees placed inside the home?
8. One of the stories concerning the first Christmas tree in England credits Prince Albert, who was the Prince Consort of which queen?
9. So, if Prince Albert did not decorate the first Christmas tree in England, who did? Some sources say it was the wife of George III. What was her name?
10. The use of the evergreen tree to decorate for holiday celebrations existed prior to the introduction of Christianity.
Source: Author ponycargirl
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.