Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We have all heard how cunning a fox can be. A female fox is so cunning, she goes by a completely different name entirely. What is a female fox called?
2. If you were to call this girl an ass she really wouldn't mind! What common girls' name is also the name for a female ass (donkey)?
3. G'day mate, welcome to Australia. Here we see the marsupial known as the kangaroo. A male kangaroo is a buck, a baby kangaroo is a joey and a female kangaroo is known as a what?
4. The male peacock is a very colourful bird. His female counterpart isn't as colourful. What is a female peacock known as?
5. Now, here is a tough one. If a male swan is known as a cob, what unusual name might a female swan be known as?
6. If you called me a boar (bore) I might get offended unless I was a male bear. What offensive word is also the name for a female bear?
7. We all know the name for a female sheep, right? Well we should! However, which word below is the correct spelling for this name?
8. You've heard the saying, "A leopard never changes its spots". That may be true, but what is a female leopard known as?
9. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? I don't know the answer to that particular question, but I do know the answer to this question. What is a female woodchuck called?
10. Finally, we will end on a musical note. The line in the song from "The Sound of Music" goes as follows: "doe a deer, a female deer". Which of the following female animals is also known as a doe?
Source: Author dolano
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.