Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The word 'hippopotamus' is of Greek origin. Which of these European languages uses a version of that same Greek origin for the name of the animal?
2. A comic epistolary novel entitled "The Hippopotamus", first published in 2014 was written by which British comedian?
3. Using 1 for A, 2 for B, etc, can you work out what adjective is used to describe the hippos in a popular game?
8 21 14 7 18 25
4. A hippocampus is a seahorse, but the same word is used as a part of the human body. Where, in the body, is it found?
5. Which Egyptian deity is described as having the head and body of a hippopotamus?
6. The British children's television show, "Rainbow" had four main characters. Which one was a hippopotamus?
7. King Hippo is a character from Nintendo's "Punch-Out!!" series of video games. Which sport is his area of expertise?
8. Hippo Regius was an ancient city on the Mediterranean Sea, known for being the home of St. Augustine. In which modern-day country was it situated?
9. Obaysch was an Egyptian hippo who was taken to Europe in the middle of the nineteenth century. In which city became did he become a star attraction?
10. "Mud, mud, glorious mud / Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood" are the first two lines of the chorus to a well known song by which two people?
Source: Author Lottie1001
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.