Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The name of this ichthyosaur from the Middle Triassic era means 'half reptile'. Who was he?
2. Remains of apatosaurus have primarily been found on which of these continents?
3. This dinosaur's name means 'different reptile.' He was a carnivore that averaged 9 metres in length and weighed around 2 tons. It had a large head and blade-like fangs. To what genus does he belong?
4. Which of these dinosaurs was first described in 1903 from remains found in North America?
5. Camptosaurus, whose name means 'bent reptile', was herbivorous.
6. What is the meaning of the genus name Polacanthus?
7. With a name that means 'roof horn', what small, bone-headed dinosaur was no taller than a grown human?
8. Who is known as the 'three-horned face'?
9. Which dinosaur's name means 'stiff reptile'? This herbivore had tough, bony armour and a spiked, club like tail for defense.
10. The Tyrannosaurus ('terrible lizard') is one of the most familiar dinosaurs in popular media. Which species was, according to its name, the king of the terrible lizards?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.