Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This carnivorous dinosaur was found in Alberta, Canada in the Late Cretaceous Epoch.
2. The oldest multi-celled fossils were found on which continent?
3. These carnivorous dinosaurs lived in North America during the Late Jurassic Epoch. They were approximately 4000 lbs. and could reach the length of 37 feet. These dinosaurs were known for hunting in packs. Which dinosaur is this?
4. Rocks that contain fossils are called a certain name. What are they called?
5. The hadrosaurus, a herbivorous dinosaur living approximately 80 million years ago in the Cretaceous Period was the first full skeleton of a dinosaur found in Africa.
6. A fossil flint, or a fake fossil is mainly composed of what substance?
7. The Late Jurassic herbivore Camarasaurus resembles the present day elephant in what way?
8. Dinosaur fossils are found in greatest abundance in which of these deserts?
9. Which of the following is a stage of a fossil in taphonomy (the study of the process of fossilization)?
10. Dinosaurs are classified into two orders; theropods and sauropods.
Source: Author Jaminator16
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.