Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Dario Franchitti became the ninth non-American in 11 years to win the Indianapolis 500 auto race when he won the 2010 running over Memorial Day weekend. Which country is Franchitti from?
2. In early June the National Hockey League's season ended with the Stanley Cup winner claiming its first championship since 1961. Which team was this?
3. Which hockey player led Canada to a gold medal in the 2010 Winter Olympics in February, and then in June won the Conn Smythe trophy as the most valuable player in the NHL finals?
4. The 19th soccer World Cup started in June. Which continent was hosting its first-ever World Cup in 2010?
5. American college athletic conference realignment took place in early June, with the University of Colorado announcing that it was leaving the Big 12. Which conference did Colorado jump to?
6. The University of Nebraska left the Big 12 and joined another conference in early June. Which conference did Nebraska decide to join?
7. In June, the Boston Celtics attempted to win their 18th National Basketball Association championship. However, they fell short in an exciting 7-game final series. Who did they lose to?
8. The U.S. Open golf championship was contested in June on a famous California golf course, the same course which was the site of Tiger Woods incredible 15-stroke win 10 years earlier. Which course is this?
9. Who won the 2010 U.S. Open golf championship, becoming the first native of Northern Ireland to ever win a U.S. Open?
10. Which of these teams was eliminated in the first (group) round of the 2010 World Cup?
Source: Author chessart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.