Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Soccer: One of the most famous European Cup Finals of all time took place in 1960, when Real Madrid defeated Eintracht Frankfurt 7-3. At which stadium did this game take place?
2. Summer Olympics: Anita Lonsbrough of Great Britain won a gold medal in which sport?
3. Baseball: The Pittsburgh Pirates defeated the New York Yankees to win the World Series, courtesy of a 9th inning home run by Bill Mazeroski in game seven. Which Yankee pitcher was on the mound?
4. Golf: Which golfer won 2 majors in 1960, the Masters and US Open?
5. American Football: Which rival league to the NFL commenced play in 1960?
6. Winter Olympics: Which American resort hosted the event in 1960?
7. Ice Hockey: Which team won their fifth successive Stanley Cup in 1960?
8. Tennis: Which Australian won the men's singles at both Wimbledon and the US Championships?
9. Basketball: The Boston Celtics were begining a period of domination under coach Red auerbach. Which team did they defeat in the 1960 NBA finals?
10. Motor Sports: Which driver won his second successive Formula 1 driver's championship in 1960?
Source: Author Dizart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.