Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This first baseman served as Yankee captain from 1935 until the disease ALS forced his retirement in 1939.
2. This Hall of Fame shortstop had the longest tenure as captain, when he served from 2003 until his retirement following the 2014 season.
3. This "wee" player liked to "hit 'em where they ain't".
4. This Yankee, whose career was tragically cut short in 1979 when he died in a plane crash, is the only catcher among the first fifteen captains.
5. This first baseman, best-known for a famous poem, was Yankee captain in 1913.
6. He is the only second baseman on the fifteen-captains list.
7. Nicknamed "The Sultan of Swat", this slugger hit 714 home runs during his major eague career.
8. This pitcher was Yankee captain from 1903 to 1905, and later owned the Washington Senators from 1920 to his death in 1955.
9. This smooth-fielding first baseman was Yankee captain 1991-1995.
10. This Yankee captain is the only third baseman on the list of first fifteen Yankee captains.
Source: Author chessart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.