Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Yankee had a notorious relationship with owner George Steinbrenner, played as a second baseman in the 1950s, and was a very on-again, off-again manager with the Yankees beginning in 1975 and ending in 1988?
2. Who was known as "The Sultan of Swat" and "The Bambino"? He spent 22 years playing Major League Baseball.
3. What was the name of the Yankee first baseman nicknamed "The Iron Horse of Baseball"?
4. Which Yankee was famous for the longest twentieth-century hitting streak in baseball, a movie star wife, and "Mr. Coffee"?
5. Who is the famous switch-hitter who was born in Oklahoma in 1931 and played centerfield (and later, first base) for his entire 18 year career with the NY Yankees?
6. Who was the famous Yankee catcher and manager who is as famous for his off-beat quotes as he is for his remarkable career and thirteen World Series rings?
7. Can you name the famous Yankee catcher and manager who was raised in Arkansas and is said to have taught Yogi Berra to catch?
8. Who was the right fielder who played for the Yankees from 1960 through 1966 but is known for breaking a very long-standing record in 1961?
9. Which Yankee player wore the number 10, played shortstop, and was nicknamed "The Scooter"?
10. All numbers between one and ten have been retired - the last of those ten was the #2 in 2017. Which player proudly wore Yankee number 2 beginning in 1995?
Source: Author nyirene330
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stuthehistoryguy
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.