Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Made in France, 'La vache qui rit' is a brand of cheese known for having which of these as its logo?
2. According to German car manufacturers, to what does the name 'Volkswagen' translate?
3. Created in Denmark, Lego is a portmanteau of the Danish words 'leg' and 'godt'. What does this mean in English?
4. Moving on to Korean, the name Samsung has been attributed to electronics for decades, but what does Samsung mean in English?
5. A well-known Personal Computer manufacturer from Taiwan, Acer actually gets its name from a Latin word meaning what?
6. Japanese businessman Shojiro Ishibashi literally used his last name to create which world-famous tire brand in the 1930s?
7. Video game company Eidos, known for "Tomb Raider" and other popular franchises, took its name from a Greek word meaning which of these?
8. The name Reebok is typically associated with a sporting goods company, but it actually comes from an Afrikaans word for which of these animals?
9. If you were to take the Japanese name 'Sanyo' and break it down into English words, what would they say?
10. Swedish auto manufacturers at Volvo decided to turn to Latin for their brand name. The Latin word 'Volvere' means which of these things?
Source: Author kyleisalive
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.