Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In its native country, this little critter would be called a 'Welpe', which is German for 'puppy'. In English, we call it the German shepherd dog, but by which name has it also been known in Britain?
2. You might have heard of the Pomeranian, that fierce little ball of fluff, but this puppy is a Dutch relative. Its nickname is the Dutch barge dog, but what is the actual name of this breed?
3. This is a French bulldog puppy. Which of these is NOT true about French bulldogs?
4. Crikey! These puppies are Australian shepherd dog puppies. However, is the Australian shepherd actually an Australian dog breed?
5. If you're American, you might know these puppies as 'wiener dogs', while others may call them 'sausage dogs', because of their long thin bodies. The real name of this dog is the dachshund, and it comes in different varieties, named after coat types. Which of these is the odd one out?
6. Even dogs with bad reputations are cute as puppies, and the rottweiler is no exception. In fiction, it's often portrayed as a vicious guard dog, but its original job in reality was much more benign. What was the Rottweiler originally bred to do?
7. This little dog is nicknamed the 'American gentleman'. What type of dog is it? (Hint: I've got more than a feeling you might guess this one...)
8. This puppy is a very clever dog, the border collie. To what British Kennel Club group does it belong?
9. This gloomy-looking puppy is a basset hound. Which sense does the basset hound make the most use of in its traditional line of work?
10. Wow, such dogs! Much cuteness! These two puppies are Shiba Inus, and they became an internet meme in the 2010s, thanks to the popularity of a photo of a female Shiba Inu called Kabosu. Which Asian country do they come from?
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.