Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. There's a Cornish fish dish, which is known as 'stargazy pie'. How does stargazy pie get its name?
2. Lomi-lomi salmon is a dish that contains raw fish. Which fruit is a main ingredient?
3. Shellfish and tomatoes make cioppino, an Italian stew. In which state does it originate?
4. If you throw together meat and shellfish, you get surf 'n' turf. What meat makes up the turf part of this dish?
5. Fish stew. Boiled and simmered. Comes from Marseilles (it's a port in France). Now can you tell me what dish I mean?
6. Hakarl is quite smelly, and Icelandic, not for squeamish types. Which answer best defines hakarl?
7. Portuguese fish markets have a product which contains salt cod. What do the Portuguese call this food?
8. If you want to eat posh, how about some lobster Thermidor? What three foods are used in its filling?
9. Now let's head to Sweden for some gravlax. Eat it on rye bread. Can you tell me what fish is in gravlax?
10. Here's your tuna question. It's a rice dish, sashimi on top, raw tuna. What is this dish's name?
Source: Author Kankurette
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.