Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I am the deadliest of my kind. I am quite small in comparison to my relatives and have a colourful name that reflects my habit of changing colour when I sense danger! What am I?
2. I am the most venomous fish in the world. Nothing special to look at, I lie buried in the mud or sand and await passing prey. What is my name?
3. I am a voracious feeder, responsible for the destruction of great swaths of coral. I am also venomous. What am I?
4. In the northern waters of Australia, I have been blamed for nearly as many deaths as those caused by sharks and salt-water crocodiles put together! What is my common name?
5. Not noticed in Australian waters prior to 1960, I am a dangerous yet attractive marine species. I inhabit waters along the eastern coast of Australia from Sydney Harbour through to the Great Barrier Reef. What am I?
6. The most lethal of my kind is quite rare, but I can deliver venom with deadly precision. There are about seventy of my kind in Australia's northern, western and eastern waters. What is my name?
7. Closely related to other venomous fish species, I am one of the most attractive of coral reef fish. Who am I?
8. Resembling an underwater tree, this creature can inflict a nasty sting. What is its name?
9. My venom is more toxic than my land dwelling relatives and over thirty of the fifty known species worldwide live in Australian waters! What am I?
10. I look like a plant but sting like a bee! I am found in shallow reefs and around jetties. What is my common name?
Source: Author Engadine
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.