Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Atrax robustus is generally considered to be one of the deadliest spiders in the world. What is its common name?
2. The inland taipan, Oxyuranus microlepidotus, is also known by which of these names?
3. The venom produced by the blue-ringed octopus is a neurotoxin which causes which of these in victims?
4. Hydrophis elegans is the official name of this venomous snake. In which environment, not necessarily shown in the photo, would you expect to find it?
5. Of the two species of crocodile in the world that are known to attack man without provocation, only one is found in Australia. What is its common name?
6. Chironex fleckeri is better known by which of these names?
7. This attractive shell housed an unpleasant occupant originally. What type of creature lived in it?
8. The aptly named stonefish is hard to spot due to its camouflage. Most victims are stung when doing which of these?
9. The redback spider is found only in South Australia.
10. This shark species is often called a pointer in Australia. Which of these is it?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.