Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Wallis and Futuna Islands are located in which body of water?
2. Navigators of which nationality were the first to land on the then uninhabited Wallis Island in the thirteenth century?
3. Which of these is the main European language spoken on Wallis and Futuna?
4. What is the local name for the island called Wallis island by Westerners?
5. Located on Futuna Island, what is (probably) the highest point of Wallis and Futuna?
6. Since 1985 Wallis and Futuna's unofficial flag has consisted of a saltire cross on a white background. Both the cross and the main field of the flag are which colour?
7. The two main islands, Wallis and Futuna, lie only about one mile apart.
8. Wallis and Futuna are the two main islands of the country. What is the name of the third largest island of the archipelago?
9. What name did the Dutch give to the island of Futuna and its smaller surrounding islands?
10. In 2003 Wallis and Futuna became an independent nation.
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.