Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. As you'd expect from the name, the hepatitis viruses affect the liver. According to the name, how is the liver affected by the virus?
2. Although caused by different strains, the symptoms of all the hepatitis virus infections are broadly similar.
3. When hepatitis A began to be identified as a specific disease, in which groups of people was it prevalent?
4. Hepatitis A can be spread to humans by which animal?
5. Which of the hepatitis viruses carries the highest risk of being passed from mother to baby during childbirth?
6. What is the only way in which hepatitis C has been proved to be passed between humans?
7. By the end of the twentieth century vaccines had been developed for all three main hepatitis viruses (A, B, and C).
8. Which type of hepatitis never exists in isolation, only in co-existence with another of the hepatitis viruses?
9. Hepatitis E can be passed to humans by eating raw or undercooked meat from which animals?
10. Baruch Blumberg was the doctor who first identified the hepatitis B virus and worked to develop the vaccine to protect against it. In which country did he carry out his research?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.