Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This graceful bird has a musical bugling call, and is seen throughout Australian waterways. It appears black on the water, but has white flight feathers.
2. In the northern hemisphere this bird is black and white with blue tail feathers. In Australia it is simply black and white.
3. This bird as a comical, waddling gait and a huge bill to scoop up and hold fish. It is very elegant on water and in the air.
4. A member of the thrush family, this jet-black bird with yellow eye-ring and beak has a lovely call, and is called Eurasian in USA to avoid confusion with its own native (unrelated) birds.
5. The adult has glossy black feathers. It is native of Europe, but was introduced to North America and Australia. It breeds quickly and carries parasites. It is shot on sight in Western Australia.
6. England will not fall to a foreign invader so long as these birds inhabit the Tower of London - or so the rumour goes. Highly intelligent.
7. This is the world's largest gull. It has black upper plumage and white head and breast.
8. This bird is found mostly on the colder coastlines of the Southern Hemisphere. Varieties of this bird include fairy, macaroni, chinstrap and emperor.
9. This seabird has black plumage with a white breast and beak. The mating male displays a huge red throat pouch.
10. A member of the auk family, this stocky sea bird is mainly black with some white plumage and a large beak. The male's beak becomes very colorful during the breeding season.
Source: Author windrush
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.