Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following does NOT happen to a female winged ant after she mates?
2. What do praying mantises and dragonflies have in common that is very rare in the insect world?
3. Grasshoppers can swim/wade/float.
4. Which of the following is NOT a factor in how a water strider can 'skate' on the surface of water?
5. What do spittlebug nests resemble?
6. Only female mosquitoes bite.
7. How do ants know where to go in a house to find food?
8. The olfactory organs of ants are located on which part of their bodies?
9. Why do dragonflies dip their tails in the water?
10. Which of the following is an insect?
11. Which of the following is NOT a way to tell a moth from a butterfly?
12. Insects with good eyesight usually have shorter feelers than insects with poor eyesight.
13. How does spitting yellow liquid help protect the ladybug?
14. Only adult fireflies can emit light.
15. Why does the aphid let ants drink the sweet juices that it produces?
Source: Author casper423
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.