Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This insect, formal name Dynastes tityus, may not be the son of Zeus, but it is very strong - it can carry up to 850 times its own weight. What is its name?
2. This insect in the Hemiptera order could be named after John Wilkes Booth, Sirhan Sirhan, or Gavrilo Princip. What is it called?
3. This creature is named after another entirely different kind of animal that it resembles. What is the name of this bug, which is part of the subfamily Macroglossinae?
4. What is the name of this friendly chap, who can cause a painful burn-like injury on its victims?
5. This particular insect, found primarily in south and central America, has a very powerful sting. What is its name?
6. From its name, you might think this critter is related to horses. What is it?
7. It might sound like it lives in ancient Egypt, but this bug is found mostly in North America. What is the name of this colorful insect?
8. Shag, berber, loop pile -- this guy isn't particular. What is the informal name for the dermestidae?
9. This beauty is actually a critter in its larval stage; when it's mature, it's called a regal moth. What is the name of it when it looks like a green caterpillar with red horns?
10. The name of this six-legged creature makes it sound like it doesn't do well on water....but it doesn't do that well on land, either, as it rather clumsily makes its way over terrain in the southern part of the U.S. What is its name?
Source: Author PootyPootwell
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.