Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What kind of animal is Australia's koala?
2. When paleontologist Jenny Clack from Cambridge University discovered a new fossil amphibian in an old swamp, she gave it the name of Eucritta melanolimnetes. What is the translation for this?
3. Black Caviar, the champion little racehorse mare from Australia had an astounding percentage of wins in all her top of the range races. What percentage was this?
4. Human beings are identified by their fingerprints. How are dogs identified?
5. Remaining with dogs temporarily, when USA President Kennedy's daughter was given a puppy by Russian Premier Nikita Khrushchev, from one of the dogs used in the early days of Russian space flights, by what name did President Kennedy refer to its later puppies?
6. The beautiful turquoise parrot dramatically declined in numbers between 1875 and 1895 in Australia. What was the reason for this?
7. In 2008, a group of European scientists announced the "startling" fact that when cattle and deer are resting or grazing, they align their bodies in which direction?
8. Is it true that, in Thailand, they have an orchestra of elephants which play instruments?
9. In 1976, the lovely actress Elizabeth Taylor won a light-hearted award for having the best eyebrows in show business. Who was runner up?
10. During the second world war, a great Dane named Juliana won an award for saving her family and others in a house in England when an incendiary bomb dropped through the roof. How did she do this?
Source: Author Creedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.