Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Alpine marmot is a member of which of these animal families?
2. Which species of bird, native to northern parts of the Americas, is known to go into an extended period of torpor, close to hibernation, during the winter months?
3. Bats in the UK hibernate from around November until March. Which of these is a bat species found in the UK?
4. Garter snakes are among the animals which enter a state similar to hibernation during the winter. By what name is hibernation known in cold-blooded animals?
5. In the UK, the Brimstone and Peacock are among the varieties of which creature which you might find hibernating in your house or garden shed?
6. The queens of which of these species do NOT hibernate during winter months?
7. Box turtles belonging to the terrapene genus are another creature to hibernate. In which parts of the world would you find them in the wild?
8. How do ladybirds cope during winter?
9. Many frog species hibernate, including the Rana sylvatica. What is the common name for this species?
10. The hedgehog is one of the best known hibernating mammals. In which of these countries is it considered a pest, having been introduced rather than being native?
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.