Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these songs could be entitled 'A Duodecad of Twenty-Four-Hour Periods Devoted to the Mass of Christ' if some out-of-control etymologist had his way?
2. Let us say, for the sake of fun, that a true word-nerd were allowed to rename each Christmas song. Which song might then be renamed 'Light, Mellow Resonant Sounds Emanating from Hollow Metallic Objects, Shaped Like Inverted Cups'?
3. Our dictionary elves have been working overtime for this quiz. For which popular song have they come up with the fresh new title, 'Do Not Impede or Forbid in Any Case the Occurrence of Frozen Atmospheric Water Vapor Descending Lightly upon the Earth's Surface'?
4. Which festive individual would be unhappy with the Christmas song title 'Festoon the Elongated, Walled Enclosures Used Typically for Passage'? Apparently, for one, the person who chose which actual name for the tune?
5. Don't be sad if the Christmas song 'Azure Nativity' received a more familiar title, namely...?
6. 'Argent-Colored, Suspended Metal Tubes Found in a Campanile' is an admittedly cumbersome renaming of which delicate Christmas classic?
7. 'Xmas of the Initial, Ordinal, Arithmetical Value'...wow, that's a mouthful. I would be all for going with that fancified name over the chosen title for which Christmas favorite?
8. Let's go crazy. Which classic Christmas song should be renamed 'Appreciative Feelings of Great Pleasure or Euphoria Bestowed in the Direction of a Cerulean-Hued Globe Rotating at the Approximate Distance of an Astronomical Unit around the Sun' if we get our way?
9. Okay, back to reality. I'm quite certain that players of this quiz will find the title 'A Nocturnal Unit of Time Sans Acoustical Accompaniment' a perfectly reasonable replacement for which beloved Christmas carol?
10. Finally, may I suggest the bland but effective title 'Yule-Related Musical Composition' in place of the equally bland original name for which popular Christmas song made famous by Nat King Cole?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Beatka
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.