Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Although born in England, this celebrity, because of his role in entertaining American military service personnel, was made an honorary veteran by the US Congress in 1997. He died, due to complications from pneumonia, at the age of 100. Who was the celebrity centenarian?
2. Known for her rendition of "The White Cliffs of Dover", this famous WWII singer, at the age of 100, became the oldest living artist to have an album reach the top ten of the UK charts. She died at the age of 103. Who was this famous British singer?
3. What famous architect, who lived to be 102 years old, designed the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio, the Kennedy Library in Boston, and the Museum of Islamic Art in Doha Qatar?
4. Born Issur Danielovitch, this actor was best known for the title role in the movie "Spartacus" and for playing Vincent Van Gogh in "Lust for Life". Who was this actor who died, at the age of 103, on February 5th, 2020?
5. In 2016 Ida Keeling, at the age of 100, set a record at the Penn Relays in Philadelphia. In what event did she become the first centenarian to complete with a time of 1 minute and 17.33 seconds?
6. The husband of Gracie Allen, this actor won an Academy Award at age 79 for his role in "The Sunshine Boys". Who was this actor who even played the role of God?
7. Born in the Empire of Japan in 1906, this actress, won two Academy Awards ("To Each His Own" and "The Heiress") and two Golden Globe Awards ("The Heiress" and "Anatasia: The Mystery of Anna") before dying in Paris at the age of 104. Her sister Joan Fontaine also won an Academy Award. Who was this talented actress?
8. Born Anna Mary Robertson, this farmer's wife became an acclaimed artist at the age of 78. Who was this artist who was honored by US Presidents and had an Emmy nominated documentary produced about her? She died at the age of 101 in 1961.
9. Al Jaffee holds the "Guinness Book of World Records" record for having the longest career in his profession (1942-2020). Although he worked for Stan Lee, he was most famous for his work for "Mad" magazine, before dying at the age of 102 in 2023. What was Jaffee's profession?
10. Which consort remained an active member of the British Royal family for fifty years after her husband died? She died at the age of 101.
Source: Author bigwoo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.