Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the 1970s entertainment world who or what was Travis Bickle?
2. In 1971 NBC innovated a new format of recurring programs that were shown on a rotating basis under the title "The NBC Mystery Movie." Through its run from 1971-1977 several shows were launched but it was the three original programs that proved to be the most popular. They were "Columbo", "McMillan and Wife" and which other cop show?
3. Which film of the 1970s was NOT based on a best-selling book?
4. This artist had the second posthumous #1 hit of the 70s (the first being Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee" in 1971) with the song "Time in a Bottle." Who was it?
5. In 1970 Oakland disc jockey Casey Kasem launched a weekly syndicated radio show featuring the top hits from Billboard Magazine's Hot 100 chart. What was the program's name?
6. Who, incredible as it may now seem, was the Country Music Association's Female Vocalist of the Year in 1974?
7. The last television advertisement for which product ran on the "Tonight Show with Johnny Carson" on January 1, 1971?
8. An astonishing 5 of the 8 best selling songs of 1978 were released by siblings with what last name?
9. The musical "Godspell", based on the gospel of St. Matthew, opened on Broadway May 17, 1971 and featured a song that reached #13 on the Billboard charts in 1972. Which song was it?
10. On October 11, 1975 comedian Andy Kaufman made the first of many appearances on "Saturday Night Live." What did Kaufman's act consist of?
Source: Author brewster76
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.