Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. David Mancuso is credited with opening the first disco club. It was a private club in his home and was established in 1970. What was its name?
2. Which movie epitomized the disco era and starred John Travolta in a white suit, one hand pointed to the sky?
3. Hanging from the ceiling of many discos and quite a few basements was a multicolored light show that sprayed the gyrating crowd with shards of light. What was this icon of the disco era called?
4. Who was at the center of the disco sound system pounding out the beat and crafting together sets of songs for the patrons?
5. What was the name of a favorite line dance at the disco with lots of hand movements and twists and turns?
6. What singer is identified primarily with the disco scene?
(Hint: "Love to Love You, Baby" was one of her songs.)
7. What was the name of a famous nightclub in Manhattan, New York with a sophisticated light and sound system?
8. Disco clothing was meant to be attractive, although meeting a prospective partner at the disco was tough, given volume of the music. What of the following would be appropriate accessories for a night at the disco?
9. How does one describe the hairstyles for the ladies in the disco era?
10. What was the theme song for "Saturday Night Fever" sung by the Bee Gees and released in 1977?
Source: Author einsteinII
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.