Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Sometimes cakes are baked in an individual serving size. What is one name for these small but tempting delights?
2. These Chinese cakes are traditionally eaten during the Zhongqiu Festival, which is celebrated in the autumn. If I tell you that one of the major activities during this festival is moon watching, can you guess what these cakes are called?
3. For a birthday, you might want to provide a non-traditional cake, such as the ice cream cake described in the picture. Which of the following would you definitely NOT expect to find in an ice cream cake?
4. These delicious cakes have a layer of small white seeds pressed into one surface of the cake. Which of these seeds, often used in Mediterranean cooking, is used to make them?
5. These cakes are going to be served at a party celebrating a marriage. What is the usual name given to such a cake?
6. These tarts are filled with caramel and topped with a nut that is actually native to Australia, although most people think of it as a Hawaiian product. What kind of nut is it?
7. Do you know the name of these delicious small cakes made from egg whites, sugar and (usually) either almonds or coconut for flavor?
8. These flat cakes are usually cooked on a griddle called a bakestone or maen, a name that is also used to refer to these delicious flat cakes in their country of origin. Which country of the United Kingdom gives us picau ar y maen?
9. Since you can read, it won't surprise you to learn that this is a picture of some funnel cakes. Which of these is NOT another name for this kind of cake?
10. Fancy cakes are often baked for special occasions. For what holiday was this creepy spider cake probably planned?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor NatalieW
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.