Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Anna Sewell wrote this classic children's book as a protest against the harsh treatment of horses in Victorian England. What did she call her book?
2. What caped crusader, known for his black cowl and face mask, first appeared in 'Detective Comics' #27 in May, 1939?
3. Brad Pitt and Anthony Hopkins starred in a 1998 movie inspired by the 1934 film 'Death Takes a Holiday'. What is the name of this movie, in which Pitt plays the character of Death?
4. From 2000 to 2004, Dylan Moran played the title character of Bernard Black in an English television series whose title also tells you what kind of business he ran. What was its name?
5. 'The Woman in Black' was released in 2012, starring an actor who became an international star playing a young wizard fighting the evil Lord Voldemort. What is the name of this actor, who portrayed Arthur Kipps?
6. It's elementary, my dear friend. What famous detective was involved in 'The Adventure of Black Peter', a short story originally published in 'Strand Magazine' and 'Collier's' in 1904?
7. 'The Black Donnellys' was a short-lived show on American television (February - April, 2007) which focused on four brothers living in the Hell's Kitchen area of New York City. What was their ethnicity?
8. James Ellroy's book 'The Black Dahlia' was published in 1987, and was made into a 2006 movie of the same name, featuring Mia Kirshner in the title role. What was the name of the murder victim who became known in newspapers as the Black Dahlia?
9. In 1930, a play written by Agatha Christie, and featuring Hercule Poirot and Arthur Hastings, was performed for the first time. What was its potable title?
10. The 1954 3D movie 'The Creature from the Black Lagoon' was the first of three films to feature the eponymous creature. Can you recall what more specific name is given to this amphibious humanoid by Dr. Thomson?
Source: Author looney_tunes
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.