Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. To which northern county does Veronica travel in order to make her home with her uncle and aunt at the beginning of "A Dream of Sadler's Wells"?
2. In "Masquerade at the Wells" with whom does Jane swap places?
3. In "Ella at the Wells" what name does Lorna Hill give to the dirty northern mining village where Ella is brought up by the Sordy family?
4. Which of the main male characters in the series did Mariella end up marrying?
5. What is the name of the house in the north where Sebastian and Veronica eventually settle down together when they are not on tour?
6. What does her cousin Fiona do to the dress that Veronica was wearing when she first arrived at her uncle's house in "A Dream of Sadler's Wells"?
7. In which of the suburbs of Newcastle is the famous dancing school of Mary Martin located?
8. In "Dress Rehearsal" which Lorna Hill heroine is born under one of the bridges on the River Tyne?
9. In "Backstage" on which Lake District mountain did Jon and Vicki save the lives of two female hikers?
10. In "Jane Leaves the Wells" how does Jane sustain the injury to her foot that nearly ruins her career?
11. Lorna Hill was a vicar's wife and her daughter Vicki danced for a while with Sadler's Wells but which two of her "Wells" heroines were the daughters of vicars?
12. In which story does Peter rescue the young heroine from an attack by a gang of thugs in a depressed area of Newcastle?
13. Which story is partly set under Byker Bridge in run-down derelict area of Newcastle next to the Ouseburn and the River Tyne?
14. Which character in "Principal Role" spends part of Christmas Eve in a snow-covered ditch on the way to Blackheath in County Durham?
15. Which of the following pairings is not a couple who enter into marriage during the course of the "Wells" series?
Source: Author Philian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.