Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The authors of "The Far-Distant Oxus" sent the manuscript to a well-known author of children's books. He would later write the introduction to the first edition. Who was he?
2. From the introduction to the novel "the Far-Distant Oxus", we learn that the two authors, Katharine Hull and Patricia Whitlock, wrote this book while they were teenagers attending a girls' school
3. In what part of England is "The Far-Distant Oxus" set?
4. "The Far-Distant Oxus" begins with three children from London, two sisters and their brother, arriving at the farm where they will be staying during the summer vacation. Who is NOT one of these children?
5. What method of transportation do the children in "The Far-Distant Oxus" use to get around in their adventures?
6. What is the name of the mysterious dark-haired boy who seems to live out on the moor?
7. What is the great adventure of the story?
8. The children from London meet up with three local children: the mysterious dark-haired boy and a brother and sister. What is the name of the sister?
9. What is the story behind the mysterious dark-haired boy whom the children from London meet?
10. When the children in "The Far-Distant Oxus" reach the sea, what sporting activity do they play on the beach?
Source: Author Ampelos
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.