Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. One of my favourite movies of all time is Moulin Rouge. What colour is "rouge" in English?
2. All right, now for a colour question about colours. The word "fulvous" describes a colour most similar to what common colour?
3. In Don McLean's famous song, "Vincent", he describes "swirling clouds" in what colour "haze"?
4. In Anne Bradstreet's "To My Dear and Loving Husband", she says that she prizes his love "more than whole mines of" what colour?
This one should be easy to guess correctly.
5. There have been extensive studies on how various colours affect people both psychologically and physiologically. What colour is said to make people feel hungry?
6. To move to a more obscure topic: in the ICQ instant messaging system, when one is on-line (i.e. connected to the network,) one's flower icon is what colour?
7. At one point, Libya had the world's only single-colour flag. What colour was the flag?
8. All right, now for a question involving Tarantino films. Michael Madsen plays Budd in Tarantino's "Kill Bill". He also played a part in Tarantino's first film, "Reservoir Dogs". His character's code name was "Mr. - " what?
9. In TLC's special Trading Spaces: Home Free, which team got their mortgage paid off?
10. You can determine the age of a bruise by examining its colour. What colour would a bruise be if it had been caused 7-10 days ago?
Source: Author BlueCanary
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ArleneRimmer
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.