Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following terms is not acceptable when referring to people with dwarfism?
2. Achondroplasia is the most common form of dwarfism. It occurs in about once in every 25,000 births. What actor, with achondroplasia, starred in the film "The Station Agent"?
3. People born with achondroplasia will need special equipment to be able to walk, speak, and hear.
4. What is the average expected height of a male with achondroplasia?
5. The parents of most infants born with achondroplasia are also carrying the gene for achondroplasia.
6. The chances of a person with achondroplasia having a child with achondroplasia if the the other parent also has achondroplasia is:
7. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of achondroplasia?
8. The support organization for people with dwarfism is called:
9. If growth hormones are administered to children with achondroplasia, they may reach average human height.
10. The average life expectancy of a person with achondroplasia is:
Source: Author myrjac
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.