Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I live in a geographically large country, the northernmost in North America.
2. My parents passed on to me two X chromosomes, meaning my last set of genes could be called XX. Therefore, I am a
3. My parents are science professors. They study plants, making them _______?
4. I have three pets, all of the same species. This type of pet is an herbivore, has long ears, and hops.
5. My husband studies rocks and plate tectonics. He is a
6. My birthday occurs in this month, the same as St. Valentine's Day.
7. I have a degree in this area of study, whose name translates as "the study of man".
8. Yesterday, I watched a movie starring Nicole Kidman, Meryl Streep and Julianne Moore. This movie featured the lives of three women living in different eras, and the book 'Mrs. Dalloway' by Virginia Woolf. Which movie did I watch?
9. You might notice that my FunTrivia ID is cannedcorn. I acquired this name in university, where I was very poor and once had to survive for two weeks on the crummy food that was left in my cupboard before I could buy any more food. A friend came to visit, and found me eating a can of corn for supper, straight from the can, and began calling me "Canned Corn". You could say Canned Corn is my
10. Okay, I'm a bit of an amateur musician. One of the instruments I play is a stringed instrument, is played with a bow, is small, and is held under the chin. What instrument can I play?
11. I can also play this instrument. It is a woodwind, although the body of the instrument is metal, you need a reed to play it, and it was invented by Adolphe Sax. What instrument is this?
12. My "main" musical instrument is a member of the percussion family, makes noise when a hammer hits the strings inside the instrument, and is used in all different types of music. Most people who take music lessons as a child take lessons on this instrument.
13. I also took dancing lessons as a child (yes, I was an overachiever). One type of dance lessons I took features metal pieces attached to the sole of the shoe, which make a loud noise when the foot hits the ground. I took what kind of dance lessons?
14. I also took lessons in this type of dance, which features pointed toes, turned out hips and feet, standing on Pointe, Arabesques and Pirouettes.
15. When I was 11, my favourite band was made up of five lads from the UK. Their hits include "Planet Earth", "Girls on Film" and "Hungry Like the Wolf". Who were they?
16. I grew up in this Canadian province. Its capital is Toronto, it has the largest population of all the Canadian provinces, and it borders on the Great Lakes.
17. My winter coat is this colour, which along with green is often seen during a certain winter holiday.
18. Okay, I'm starting to run out of questions. I guess I'm not that interesting. I can speak two languages, English, and this language, which comes from Europe and is Canada's other main language.
19. A friend of mine once had me do a cheesy personality quiz in which our answers were coded to match Greek Goddesses. My personality apparently matches up with Persephone. Which of the following is true of Persephone?
20. One of my favourite TV shows is a strange soap-opera in which Dale Cooper tries to unravel the mystery of the murder of Laura Palmer. This show takes place in a small town in Washington State, and is named for this fictional town. What is it called?
21. Outside my bedroom window stands a tree. The Canadian flag features a leaf from this tree, and an NHL hockey team from Toronto is named for this tree. What type of tree is this?
22. My next door neighbours moved here as refugees from this country, which used to include such states as Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Croatia.
23. My other next door neighbours are students from this country. It used to be ruled by the British, Pakistan used to be a part of this country, and it is found in Asia. One of the languages spoken there is Hindi.
24. As a teenager, my favourite author was this American writer, who has written such books as "A Prayer for Owen Meany", "The World According to Garp" and "The Hotel New Hampshire".
25. Okay, finally, last question. As a child, I had a pet one of these. It's a rodent, it's nocturnal, and a popular type of them is called the "teddy bear". In the wild, they live in the desert. What type of pet did I have?
Source: Author cannedcorn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.