Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In Disney's 2003 film 'Finding Nemo', a fish called Marlin begins a desperate search when his son, Nemo, is captured by a scuba diver. To what species of fish do Marlin and Nemo belong?
2. Science Center Nemo is an interactive science museum primarily aimed at children and young people. In which European city, famed for its canals and cyclists, can it be found?
3. Nemo, a former British Army officer and the long lost father of the downtrodden Esther Summerson, appeared in which novel by Charles Dickens?
4. The word 'nemo' means 'no one', 'no man', or 'nobody' in which ancient language?
5. One of the teams who play the traditional sports of Gaelic football and hurling in Ireland are named Nemo Rangers. In which city, located in south-west Ireland, would you be able to find this particular Nemo?
6. The imaginatively named Nemo A534 was a heroic dog who worked with the US Air Force during the Vietnam War and saved the life of his handler despite suffering horrific injuries. What breed of dog was he?
7. You'd have to go a long way to find 1640 Nemo as it is an astronomical body of the solar system that takes about 3.5 years to orbit the sun. What is it more precisely?
8. To find the volcano named Nemo Peak, you would need to travel to one of the Kuril Islands - an archipelago that separates the Sea of Okhotsk from the Pacific Ocean. To what country do the Kuril Islands belong?
9. Nemo Point is the name given to the oceanic pole of inaccessibility, the point furthest away from any land mass. In which of the world's oceans would you find it?
10. Captain Nemo, the commander of the mysterious submarine, Nautilus, in Jules Verne's 'Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea', also made an appearance in which of these other works by the same author?
Source: Author Fifiona81
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.