Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Scobie Breasley (Jockey), Wayne Carey (VFL/AFL), Geoff Lawson (Cricket) and John Langford (RU)were all born in which town?
2. The Houtman Abrolhos or Abrolhus Islands are famous for a number of ship wrecks and are 80 kilometres off the coast of which city?
3. Furneaux Group is made up of 52 islands off the coast of Australia. Where are
4. The rivers, Daly, McArthur, Todd and Victoria are in which region of Australia?
5. I am a city, that is situated on a river and I was named in the 1800s after a Lord who was the Secretary of State for War and the Colonies. What is my name?
6. What is the game that is traditionally played on Anzac Day that has the terms of Kip, Spinner, Boxer and Ringy?
7. I am a coastal city located in the traditional lands of the Yawuru people. I was first sighted by Europeans in the 1600s and was attacked by enemy aircraft during WWII. In 1899, an undersea telegraph cable was laid to Java, eventually connecting to England. Diving for luxuries by Japanese was also very popular around my shores. What is my name?
8. I am a desert known as an "erg" and I contain the world's longest parallel sand dunes. I am Australia's fourth largest desert and spread over a territory and two states. Who am I?
9. In September 2008 it was determined that the Murray River is Australia's longest river at 2,375 Kms. Which river was determined to be Australia's second longest river?
10. I am an "external territory" of Australia. I was colonised in 1788 and served as a penal colony until 1794. I do not have the Southern Cross on my flag but a symbol of a tree. Who am I?
Source: Author zambesi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.