Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the late 1880s, who was the first Aussie to brew 'beer'?
2. In which Australian city was the world's first official international surfing championship held?
3. Australia's 'Dingo Fence' is longer than the entire Great Wall of China.
4. Australia's very first fifty cent piece contained what value in silver content?
5. Uluru (Ayers Rock) is the largest monadnock in the world.
6. At which Australian beach was the first surf life-saving club in the world founded?
7. Australia has produced the largest gem quality opal in the world.
8. The greatest distance you have to travel, from any part of Australia, to get to the beach is around 1,000 miles.
9. Qantas is the oldest airline in the world.
10. The first landing by Europeans in Australia was in 1606, but which nationality was it?
11. The present day Australian flag was formally established in which year?
12. Anna Pavlova invented the Antipodean dessert named in her honour.
13. What are the official colours of Australia?
14. In what year was Australia's National Anthem first proposed to be changed?
15. How many species of kangaroo are there generally accepted to be, in Australia?
Source: Author Engadine
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ozzz2002
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.