Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Here comes a question to add a little spice to your day. In the 1990's the Spice Girls rocked the way the music industry looked at "girl groups". What power related motto is often associated with these five spicy singers?
2. Time for a little literary power from Lord Acton. While this phrase has been adapted and used in a variety of manners, the message tends to remain the same. Which choice completes the phrase "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power_________"?
3. If you own a cell phone or computer, more than likely it has a lithium-ion battery mostly because of their ability to recharge efficiently and maintain charge over several hours. They are commonly made of three elements, one of which is a negative electrode. What is the most popular negative electrode material used in making these batteries?
4. Political parties have often fought for power. The United States has several recognized parties, the two largest of which are the Republican and Democratic parties. The donkey represents the Democratic Party and the elephant the Republican Party. Who originally paired the donkey and the Democratic Party, making the donkey a political power symbol?
5. Imagine yourself working up a sweat. You're running, jumping, or lifting weights. You reach for a cool refreshing bottle of your favorite flavor of Powerade. Which major drink company produces these electrolyte-filled power drinks?
6. In 1990, a German musical group released a song titled "The Power". What is the name of the group that put out this power-claiming song?
7. You can make your own battery power out of these three common item: a lemon, a galvanized nail, and a penny
8. Shakespeare was definitely a literary powerhouse. He often wrote verse about people in power, or dark magic powers or the evils of power. However, surprisingly, he uses the word power rarely in his writings, making it all the more "powerful" when he speaks of it. What name completes the following verse from one of the Bard's plays: "Be bloody, bold, and resolute; laugh to scorn, the power of man, for none of woman born shall harm _______________"?
9. A band can be pretty sure they've hit the big time when a song they produced not only gets nominated for a Grammy, but also an Academy Award in the same year. For Huey Lewis & the News, their song, "The Power of Love" did just that. According to the lyrics to this powerful song, "The Power of Love" is all of the following, except what?
10. The United Nations extends its powerful reach all over the globe for many reasons. Hundreds of countries are members and sit on various committees and councils. However, there are only five permanent members of the UN Security Council. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the "Big Five"?
Source: Author sestovall
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.