Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Many surnames have their origins in occupations or professions: what kind of work was done by a tucker?
2. What trade or profession would have given rise to the surname Falkner?
3. The surname Pitman derived from what occupation?
4. What occupation was associated with the surname Ackerman?
5. What was the trade or profession that gave rise to the surname Keeler?
6. Which occupation would be associated with the surname Gatward?
7. The surname Yeoman was associated with which rural occupation?
8. What was the trade or profession of a person which led to the surname Tasker?
9. Meet Mr Lorimer. He was once a manual worker whose skills were very much in demand in a pre-combustion engine age world. What did he do for a living to get that surname?
10. In the world of material preparation, which occupation gave rise to the surname of Dexter?
Source: Author bracklaman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.