Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When you do your packing, don't forget to throw in your swimsuit. For what mode of river transport was Mark Twain a licensed operator?
2. Is it the weekend again already? This time, we're going to attend an historical re-enactment. What 'T' person might be found in a Roman re-enactment?
3. Warning! This next weekend 'activity' can cause couch-potato-ism! No clothes needed in your suitcase, just your favourite snacks. We'll be watching the same people in lots of episodes or movies, one after the other. Ironically, this activity shares a name with a strenuous activity that takes place over 42.195 kilometres...what are we doing this weekend?
4. What's a weekend without some gardening? Let's pack our bags and visit some gardens for some inspiration. Hatfield House (UK), Palazzo Piccolomini (Italy) and Townsend House (USA) are all examples of what sort of garden design?
5. Some people are fascinated by The Ghan, The Orient Express, and The Flying Scotsman. Pack your bags, we're going by what mode of transport?
6. This weekend we're really going to have some fun! We're going to display all our knowledge. So, for starters, can you tell me what board game we'd be playing if, for a correct answer, you were awarded a green, yellow, pink, blue, brown or orange 'piece of pie'?
7. Leave space one weekend for Tombstone rubbing. Whose tomb would I be doing a rubbing at if I traced: "LECTOR, SI MONUMENTUM REQUIRIS CIRCUMSPICE" (Reader, if you seek his monument look around you)?
8. Winter is approaching and it's time for an indoor activity. It's time to re-read the Chronicles of Narnia. In the 'Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe' Edmund is lured into doing the wrong thing by the White Witch, who offered him as much as he could eat of which confection?
9. People can spend days at Theme parks; they can be educational or just fun! Pack your bags to spend the weekend at my favourite, where we'll learn about the Australian Gold Rush, in Victoria. What is the name they 'coined' for this park?
10. There's nothing like music for relaxing at the weekend. Among other things, which musician wrote 'Swan Lake', 'Eugene Onegin' and 'Variations On A Rococo Theme'?
Source: Author VegemiteKid
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.