Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following represents (a) an Italian island in the Gulf of Naples (b) a style of pants (trousers) and (c) a Ford Motor Company car model?
2. Did "No Country For Old Men" win an Academy Award for Best Picture?
3. Which Commodore of the US navy played a leading role in "taking down the curtain" between Japan and the Western world and was considered the Father of the Steam Navy?
4. "The Black Sombrero" is a 1954 television episode that features which cowboy who rode a horse called Topper and was often portrayed by William Boyd?
5. Often associated with the term "ambush", what name was given to the non-uniformed guerrilla fighters that emanated from Missouri during the American Civil War?
6. Under what name was the jazz standard "Mood Indigo" originally recorded by Duke Ellington's band in 1930?
7. What was the chilling sequel released in April 2008 to Richelle Meads' young adult novel "Vampire Academy"?
8. The Dianthus Caryophyllus carnation cannot, by natural selection, produce a flower of which colour due to its lack of the pigment delphinidin?
9. The Sour Grapes Gang were the (unseen) rivals of which quartet made up of Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky?
10. What term, arguably coined by Erik Russell in 1984, would best apply to a layered chocolate cake that has fudge and ganache between the layers?
Source: Author pollucci19
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nannanut
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.