Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Rajasthan is the largest state in India. Which of these deserts makes up a major part of this state?
2. The area now forming the state of Rajasthan was known as Rajputana during the British Raj.
3. While a large part of the Rajasthani population follows a vegetarian diet, there are well known meat dishes from this region too. If you ordered 'laal maas', which of these would you be served?
4. Which of these is a traditional folk dance of Rajasthan?
5. Traditionally men in Rajasthan wore dhotis and chudidars - pants that slightly flared at the hip. The chudidar inspired a type of riding outfit named after which Rajasthani city?
6. Though Rajasthan is largely covered by desert, it also has the Aravalli mountain range in the southern part. Which city is found nestled here and nicknamed the "Venice of the East"?
7. Pushkar is a small town located southwest of the capital, Jaipur. What kind of animal fair is held here annually?
8. The Jain temple of Ranakpur is famous for its delicate architecture. What is the temple built of?
9. Another architecturally stunning landmark found in Rajasthan is the Chand Baori found in the village of Abhaneri on the road from Jaipur to Agra. What kind of a structure is it?
10. Rajasthan is also home to the Ranthambore National Park. Which majestic animal could you hope to see on a visit here?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.