Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these religions was founded by a prince called Siddhartha Gautama who renounced all worldly pleasures to follow the path of enlightenment?
2. In which of the following religions was the society classified into four distinct categories known as 'varnas'?
3. A ten-day period of fasting and meditation known as Paryushana is observed by followers of which religion?
4. Followers of which of these religions are forbidden from cutting their hair?
5. In which religion would you find the concept of prayer wheels that are inscribed with religious texts or mantras?
6. The Kumbh Mela, celebrated most often on the banks of the Ganga and Godavari rivers, is a mass gathering of devotees of which religion?
7. To which religion did many oppressed, lower class Dalits convert in the 19th and 20th century as a protest against the caste-based system?
8. In which religion would you encounter the principle of Ratnatraya (Triple Gems) consisting of the right vision, right knowledge and right conduct?
9. The Harmandir Sahib, better known as the Golden Temple, is an important pilgrimage site in which of these religions?
10. In which religion do the marriage rites consist of the couple circling the holy book, the Guru Granth Sahib, four times?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.